Cerebral Palsy Alliance - Erina
Active Lads at Erina - CPA
Feel more confident when performing your everyday tasks! Active Lads is a fun and interactive weekly exercise program delivered by CPA’s ESSA Accredited Exercise Physiologists. This weekly program includes a 60-minute session promoting healthy development through the use of exercise.
Time & Location
Cerebral Palsy Alliance - Erina, 3/20-24 Karalta Rd, Erina NSW 2250, Australia
About The Event
Feel more confident when performing your everyday tasks!
Active Lads is a fun and interactive weekly exercise program delivered by CPA’s ESSA Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEP). This weekly program includes a 60-minute session promoting healthy development through the use of exercise and physical activity. Intervention provides opportunities for young men to further develop strength, endurance and gross motor skills in a safe, fun and friendly environment.
The group sessions are kept small, encouraging participants to build strong friendships in a social setting.
- Who MALE Teens/Young adults ages 16-21 years Those looking to increase their health and fitness in a group environment Participants who are able to independently follow instructions and exercises (or with the support of a carer)
- When Weekly on Tuesdays (in line with school term dates) 3.00pm-4.00pm
- Where CPA Erina Centre
The program includes:
- Group exercise sessions (typically 1 exercise physiologist: 3-4 participants)
- Fun and interactive group activities
- A tailored individualised exercise program designed to meet functional and health-related goals.
- Development of a home exercise program to ensure that health patterns are continued outside of the clinic environment and incorporated into weekly routines.
- Delivery of sessions on-site at CPA Erina Centre
All participants will have access to an individualised exercise program tailored to specific goals and needs. The potential benefits of regular structured exercise include:
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Increased flexibility and range of motion
- Improved strength and endurance
- Improved balance and coordination
- Increase community and social participation
- Increased confidence and quality of life
Register your place today!
Call 1300 888 378, email email@example.com or complete the registration form at https://cerebralpalsy.org.au/sstposts/EventId1668478455519.
Groups are term-based and will not run on public holidays. Dates and times are subject to change.
Our expert health and wellbeing team can also provide one-to-one support. Please get in touch to discuss your availabilities, needs and goals.